Saturday, December 26, 2015

The Vigilante's Lover: A Romantic Suspense Thriller

I recently watched Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit and I realized I needed more action in my romance. Normally I don’t prefer first person present tense, and this flip-flops for both characters in every chapter - but I was hooked right away! Maybe because it just accelerates the action.

It starts with a prison break, and reminds me of that show Breakout Kings which I wish they didn’t cancel. Immediately I was thrown into a world of gadgets and mood sensors and all sorts of crazy things. None of them are really explained, but if you watch enough TV like I do they don’t need to be.

Then we get to Mia. Her story starts a little slower, but it’s clear her life is about to change forever & boy does it. They chemistry between the two is incredible. Jax is 100% sure she’s bad news, and she’s freaked out…sort of…and yet strangely turned on and excited at the same time. Her whole character journey is awesome. I love how she looks to her mother for strength.

The whole premise is a little far fetched: bondage love letters = secretly coded messages. But the story is just so good it brings you right in. There aren’t a whole lot of hookup scenes; just teases & building of sexual desire which is hot and well done.

I really enjoyed this first book of the series & plan on reading the rest!
Free at Amazon
or check out the whole series:

No comments:

Post a Comment